Tuesday, July 19, 2011

38 weeks pregnant

At 37 weeks and 6 days pregnant I had a prenatal appointment, I was 2 cm dilated and I asked my doctor to do a membrane sweep. It wasn’t that painful at all. Right after he did it I thought about asking him to do it again to make it hurt more so maybe it would work better haha but I guess, I didn’t want to look like a crazy person so I just kept my crazy thoughts to myself.

I immediately started feeling some contractions, nothing too strong. I went back to my mom’s house, where to boys were being babysat, and then spent the rest of the day doing everything I could think of to induce this baby into labor, which included walking up and down stairs, walking over three miles, busting out my breast pump, drinking pineapple juice and doing the deed with the hubby.

I got some strong contractions that night and got really excited. They were about one minute long with 10 -15 minute intervals but then they just stopped.

So after all that I got some painful contractions, sore calves and no baby in my arms. I’ve decided to just let go because it’s emotionally driving me crazy - thinking and hoping that maybe this contraction is the start of something over and over again is disappointing and I’m so exhausted. Just being pregnant is tiring but taking care of the boys all day and walking around like a mad woman to induce labor at 38 weeks is killing.

But I guess, I shouldn’t expect anything different from her. She’s my daughter after all, and although I’d rather blame Jarod for this, she probably has my stubbornness and isn’t going to come out for nothing until she’s good and ready. I guess, this little lesson is just preparing me for the future. I’m done complaining and I’m just going to look on the bright side: I have a daughter coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment