Monday, November 4, 2013

Woman Like You


Jarod's not a man of many words. He doesn't live life with big, sweeping gestures nor will he ever command a huge, elaborate orchestrated plan to show his love for me. I guess, we're both a little old, jaded, and unromantic in most ways. I've told him to never get me flowers because they always die later anyways and I'm getting more and more appalled that a hard stock paper with some art and words can cost close to $10 these days.

I'm the "fat" girl who thinks a surprise greasy bag of Dicks burger, fries, and strawberries shake will always, always beat out a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. Even with all my reservations of conventional "romantic" gestures, I'm still a girl and sometimes I need a little romance in my life.

Awhile ago, Jarod and I laid in bed and he casually remarked he was listening to a song on his way home and it reminded him of me. He proceeded to find this song on his phone and play this for me . . .

 
. . . and I'm still glowing. Every time I hear this song I feel genuinely blessed. I'm lucky to have a man like him.

P.S. Men: find a song for your girl, tell her about it, and you'll score points every time she hears it!

Please VOTE!! :) One click on the banner below is one vote for this blog and. You can vote once every 24 hours and I'd be incredibly grateful! Thanks so much!!

http://www.topmommyblogs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment