Friday, April 13, 2012

Just Write: Parenting & Google

Note: I'm intentionally being incredibly vague about the actions of my child (and I'm not even going to tell you which one this story's about) because it's personal, they're a person too and one day they may read this and hate me for posting it. But I think the actions of Jarod and I are funny enough to share and to anyone who thinks we're good parents who know what we're doing, this will disprove any silly notion you had.

"JJ!!!"

"What?!" running over to me.

"(Name of child insert here and) (insert vague, crazy thing this child may or may not do here) did this! What. The. FUCK!"

Jarod looked straight in the eye and since we were in front of our kids' room (they all share a room), turned his back on me and started cracking up so hard he couldn't breathe.

"Hahhhahaha."

"What do I do? What do I say?" in absolute horror and confusion I probed my husband who was currently dying through laughter, "Go talk to (them)!"

"Hold on. I need to compose myself. Hahahhahah."

"Seriously, what the fuck? Is this normal?!?!"

"I don't know. Go google it."

Jarod walked into the kids' room, I grabbed the iPad and frantically typed in our situation in Google and in less than one minute, I jumped up and yelled to Jarod, "It's normal! It's normal!!"

The point to this little story: 1) Truly, honestly we have no idea what we're doing here and truly and honestly, how did anybody parent without Google??

If you feel sorry for our kids that they have us a parents, please click below to vote for this blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment