Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Victoria's Secret

Jarod and I have been married for over seven years. When we first fell in love with one another I could never imagine how at ease I would eventually be with him.

What women want to wear.
There’s an ease that can only be gained from being together for over seven years. A calming understanding that comes from the birth and the aftermath of your child(ren) that beauty has surpassed physical appearance. A gentle comforting knowledge that when your body has failed you, there will be someone willing to take care of you. There is a remarkable friendship that remains through adversity and when even you, yourself, do not recognize yourself.

What men want women to wear.
I can be who I am with him and he, for whatever reason, still loves me. I don’t feel like I have to put on a bunch of makeup, spend an hour doing my hair and wear unimaginable tight and uncomfortable clothes to impress him. So the other day when we were browsing the comfortable, sweatpants and sweatshirt section in Victoria's Secret, I pointed out that if he decided to buy me anything from this section it would be more than a hit and I’d love it.

He nodded, seemingly taking a mental note of what to buy for our next gift-giving exchange and replied, “If you buy me anything,” pointing in the opposite direction of my-said comfy section I.e. tiny, pieces of lace sewn together for incredibly expensive prices to only be worn for minimal time in the bedroom if done correctly, “then I’d be happy.”

Hmm.

Note to self: don’t get too comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment