Friday, February 3, 2012

Life Seems Harder These Days

Life these days seems harder and harder. Recently, Jarod and I both have succumbed to energy drinks and cup after cup of coffee just to get by. It got to the point that I was drinking up to two to three energy drinks a day to get by until I started feeling really sick. It felt like my stomach was eating itself from the inside out. My stomach had an insatiable hunger-like appetite that could not be appeased. I even forced myself to eat in an attempt to ease my poor stomach’s pain and immediately after, I felt like throwing up but knew that would only make matters worse. The minute I started feeling like that, I vowed that I would never drink an energy drink again.

Thus, my body has been recovering from all the caffeine that has been pumped into my body the last few weeks and it’s been aching for rest. Jarod’s body has been feeling the same way after working ten plus hour days over and over again. We’re both a mess. We want so desperately to have the leisure of taking an afternoon nap, a “nothingness” day or even better, a vacation. Personally, I’d like to take all three but we have these three wonderful little people that need us. They’re whole well-being, care and happiness depend on us. It’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly but more than just a responsibility, it’s a blessing to raise and love these babies. Yet, at the same time, we’re truly, utterly exhausted.

Today as I was emptying the dishwasher, which was just about to be refilled with dirty dishes in the ever-overflowing sink, stressed by the endless amass of mess that always fills our home, Jarod stumbles behind me, wraps his arms around my waist and says, “We’re in this together. I’m never going to leave you.”

We kissed, I lovingly promised the same and he then followed with, “But the kids, I can’t make any promises.”

Ha, he's a funny guy - like he could ever leave this:




<3


 
But seriously, we could definitely leave these cuties for a day or two, any takers!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment