Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Truly Living


“You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” ~Henry Drummond

This picture is happiness.
I’ve recently decided to make the conscious effort to let go of what I cannot control. I used to get so annoyed and pissed off at Jarod about not moving fast enough, not getting things done as quickly as I wanted them to be done because we had places to go and the kids were on a strict schedule. It was frustrating to myself, to my husband and I’m positively sure the kids were also negatively affected by the tenseness of our household.

Thus, this weekend, the weekend of our Trissy’s birthday I practiced this new perspective in action and Oh My, can I just say what an amazing difference it was! Jarod worked a few hours of Saturday but otherwise, it was probably one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long time. I stopped letting the clock and my incessant need to have everything play out according to plan dictate our lives.

We left our house on Saturday a bit later than I hoped, spent over two hours at Chuck E Cheese and a half hour past the kids bed time, we arrived at a diner for dinner. Aiden spilled his drink all over the floor, Tristen slobbered the majority of his food on his shirt and I ate with speed and efficiency rather than my beloved slow and savoring-each-and-every-last-bite way. The old me would have had a panic attack and grumbled at how impossible it is to enjoy my food with kids around but this time, I didn’t. Rather than savoring my food, I savored the moment with my family, rather than stressing about spilled food and drinks, I accepted my children’s youthful faults and rather than being a crazy, stress-case, I enjoyed and embraced the moment.

<3

It’s amazing how making a conscious decision to relax and go more freely with the flow can transform everything.

This, this is how I want to live my life <3

If you have a second, do you mind taking a moment and voting for this blog please? Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment