Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Baby Aiden

Dear Baby Aiden,

Aiden's first day of preschool.

I took you to your first preschool class today and it was one of the hardest things I’ve done. You see, this was the first time I’ve ever left you with someone I knew didn’t love you at least half as much as I do.

We arrived and immediately you took notice of the toy cars and ran that direction. I said good-bye, the first of many before actually gaining the courage to leave, and you repeated my words without as much as a glance back. You’ve never been one to linger but rather, you’ve always been a child that loves to explore. When you first learned how to crawl, you immediately crawled forward, apart from us, your parents, and out into the world to explore. Thus, I should have known that this time would be no different.

You’re growing up so fast and though I know four years is small in comparison to the rest of your life, I can’t help but be a little upset at the swiftness of time. You were my first-born, my first tiny itty-bitty miracle and my first God-given gift of unconditional love. And today was the first time in my life that I felt my heart part from my soul. I grudgingly pulled myself away, held back the tears and kissed you good-bye. I love you more than you will ever know and I promise no matter how hard it is for me, I will always do what’s best for you and sometimes, sometimes I know, that will simply mean walking away. (tears. tears. tears.)

Love,

Your Mom


Could you please, pretty please, click on the link below? Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment