Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Letter to My Babies: Grateful for Mother's Day

Dear Aidy, Trissy and Ali,

I understand Mother's Day is about appreciating all the hard, invisible work that mothers do and I am incredibly grateful for all that my mom, your mama, has done for me and her family. But on this Mother's Day, I can't help feeling grateful for you.

Baby Tristen on his birth day (02/04/10).

There are so many people in this world that are unable to have children biologically nor even through adoption (as the cost are pretty pricey); however, for whatever reason, your father and I have been able to be so blessed with three beautiful, healthy children.

My loves <3
There are so many things about you that I love and cherish, so many moments that I wish I could bottle up and return to when I please and so much love that I didn't know existed until you were born. There is so much about my life with you that I love and feel so utterly grateful for.

You have shown me true unconditional love does exist, that heart does not believe in some silly notion of division to love but rather, grows exponentially to accommodate and most importantly, you have changed my very core. You, my children, have helped me grow into a better person, a kinder, more patient, more accepting person. Quite simply, you have helped me grow into a better version of who I once was.

Years ago, my thoughts were consumed entirely of myself, even my relationship with your father was consumed of what he could do for me; what love note he should write me, what sweet, thoughtful words he should compliment me with and how much he loved me. I loved your father but didn't know what love really was - until the day I became a mother.

Baby Aiden on his birth day (03/07/08).
The speed of which my love for my first little one eased itself into the core of my soul was only matched by the removal of my old selfish, selfish being.

Baby Aaliyanna on her birth day (07/19/11).
 I don't know who I would be today without all three of you. I can't and don't even want to imagine who I would have become and although, on this day for the rest of my life, I hope to get macaroni necklaces, crafty little gifts made inside the four walls of your classroom and a phone call just to wish me a, "Happy Mother's Day," more than anything on this day, I will forever be grateful for each one of you. All three of you have changed my life for the better and I doubt I will ever be able to repay you for what you have given me. I love each and every one of you so, so very much.

With the Greatest of Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment