Monday, January 30, 2012

The Moment I Was Yours




It was the summer of 2004. The first summer I tethered between unsolicited, protected youth and the free embrace of a new life; still youthful in its pristine, yet, gleaming in ambition and possibilities. It was the in-between of the last of high school and all of its adolescent possessions and it was the start of college and all its adult promises. It encumbered everything that one thinks of in youthful transition; it was beautiful and lovely.

And even more lovely and beautiful because I found you.

I showed up at your house that sunny, warm July afternoon and you smiled back at me in your white shirt. You came towards me as my heart fluttered and a small voice inside of me reminded me to breathe. You gently led my hand as you eagerly told me you wanted me to hear something. We sat in my new Honda Civic, intertwined our fingers and embraced our beating hearts. I rested my head on your shoulder as I savored the moment knowing full-well I wanted to always remember this exactly as it was. The music hummed loudly in the background, the beat vibrated against my body and the only voice I heard was yours, whispering these sweet, sweet promises into the innocence of my ear:

Lying here with you, listening to the rain.
Smiling just to see a smile upon your face.
And these are the moments I thank God I'm alive.

These are the moments I'll remember all my life.
I found all I've waited for and I could not ask for more.
Looking in your eyes, seeing all I need.
Everything you are is everything to me.
These are the moments I know heaven must exist.
These are the moments I know all I need is this.
I have all I've waited for and I could not ask for more.

(Chorus)
I could not ask for more than this time together.
I could not ask for more that this time with you.
Every prayer has been answered and every dream that has come true.
Yeah, right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be

Oh, here with you, here with me.

And these are the moments I thank God that I'm alive.
And these are the moments I'll remember all my life.
I've got all I've waited for and I could not ask for more.

(Repeat Chorus)

I could not ask for more than the love you gave me cause it's all I've waited for.
And I could not ask for more . . .


And that baby, that was the moment I was yours <3

One click equals one vote :) Love if you did! Thanks so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment