Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Out of Debt Journey #1

With all the holidays, car maintenance and car problems expenses and a recent expensive, although very lovely, iPad 2 purchase (you‘ve very welcome, hubby), we have yet to make any real ground on any of our debt as of late. It’s been a bit discouraging for me and it’s, also, been a great source of arguments the last few days. (Don‘t know what I‘m talking about? Just check out my last few blogs to catch up; essentially, it’s been a pretty shitty few days in our household).

Jarod really wanted an iPad and we talked it over and decided it wasn’t the right time. He brought it up again. And again. And again until I finally gave in agreed. Some things in life (and especially, in a marriage) you just have to let go, compromise and smile through your teeth as you sputter out in a not-so-joyful tone, “Merry friggin' Christmas.”


Ohh, Apple, you don't have to sell it to us; you already suckered our money out of our pockets.

So yes, we bought the damn thing. Later, we fought about it and then I finally decided to completely let go over any angst I had about it and move on.

Other than that, we have been really good about money in other ways. Our big-screen TV in our living room is officially an asshole. The last time I tried to turn it on it took, and I swear on my Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette (absolutely love that thing!) that I am not exaggerating in the slightest, 15 hours to fucking turn on. I want so desperately to grab that TV by it’s extension cords, slam it into the ground screen first and ferociously kick it’s ass but instead I whisper sweet nothings into it’s speakers in hopes that it’ll turn on and let me use it just one more time just like a frat-boy in college does to a  pretty, bright-eyed Freshman.

That’s a bit dark and dirty. Sorry, Mom.

So we just leave the dang TV on ALL the time; truly not an exaggeration again. I’m wasting energy. My power bill is probably going up by every single minute. But I’ll be damned if we buy another TV before that thing finally, truly crooks. The thing is, Jarod and I, won’t settle for a dinky 28 inch screen box TV because we’ve had better; so when we go to buy a new TV, without words or even a single glance at one another, we’ll both just magically gravitate to the bright, sparkly 60+ inch big screen TV of our dreams, which will most definitely not be a LG again. Never again.

Beautiful big, screen TV of our little hearts’ desire, we can’t afford you right now because Sallie Mae is a bitch.

Also, we’re currently saving up money because February is my mom and Tristen’s birthday months and March is Aiden’s birthday month. We’re going to go out to dinner as a family on each of the kids’ birthday, have a bigger joint (no, not that kind) birthday party with family and a few friends and then go to friggin’ DISNEYLAND at the end of March. So all in all, it’s going to be pretty amazing but friggin’ expensive.

Yay!! :)))

I know what you’re thinking, “You’re going to go to Disneyland when you have THAT much debt!

To which I answer with a big: Hell Friggin’ Yah!!

I don’t want to sound irresponsible when I say money is just money because it’s essential and necessary, especially when you have children to raise, but Aiden (this trip is essentially for Aiden) will never have the look of astonishment and disbelief when his eyes behold onto all the magic that is Disney ever again. I know the money could be used to pay off debt faster but some things are just much too important to me. These are moments I will forever cherish and to all the debtors I owe money to, you’ll get your money soon enough but first, I’m going to Disneyland!!

But one thing I’m proud of, even though our debt is only going down slightly with the minimum payment amounts, is that we'll be rollin' with dough, absolutely no plastic, when I meet, I mean, when Aiden meets all for his favorite characters.

Just one click equals one vote for A Beautiful Mess! Please vote! Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment